JLC FFIR Subgroup Home Page
Welcome to JLC FFIR Subgroup Home Page
The JLC FFIR subgroup is in charge of R&D aiming at a possible
design of the interaction region (IR).
Here in this home page we introduce you to activities of the FFIR subgroup.
The home page is still incomplete but to be enriched gradually.
Any comments or suggestions are welcome and to be directed to
Japanese version of the JLC FFIR Subgroup Home Page is here
The current members of the JLC FFIR subgroup include:
- February 1, 2000 abstract("Beams and Detectors") for JPS-JLC
symposium is added in Report-japanese
- July 27, 1999 Some transparencies of ISG4-WG6 are available in ISG-WG6 reports.
- July 27, 1999 ABEL is updated in "useful
- July 7, 1999 memo of JLC-structure
meeting is added in library.
- Jan.13, 1999Transparencies of Maruyama's
talk(Beam related backgrounds at NLC
and JLC) is added in "Transparencies Used in FFIR-related Meetings".
- Jan.13, 1999Transparencies of Tauchi's talk
(Detector Overview, presented at the 1st ACFA workshop on physics/detector at
the linear collider) is added in "Transparencies Used in FFIR-related
- Nov. 9, 1998A list of FFIR issues
(HTML file) is prepared. The file is updated daily.
- Nov. 9, 1998 List of papers
was updated to include a proceedings and transparencies of a talk on "Physics
Plan at JLC" presented at Hadron Structure'98, September 1998, Slovakia.
- July 22, 1998 ISG-WG6 reports
was added in the Library.
- May.28, 1997 Chapter 14 of JLC Design
was added in the Lists of Papers.
- Feb.20, 1997 Links to the other home pages
was added, where TRC(Technical Review Committee) home page can be found.
- Feb.4, 1997 List of papers
was updated to include HTML files.
- Apr.26, 1996 Lecture notes
was updated to add two lecture notes of "Physics at Linear Colliders" and
"History of High Energy Physics" by T.Tauchi.
- Apr.26, 1996 List of papers
was updated to add a proceedings of LCWS95, that is
"Experimentation at e+e- Linear Collider" by T.Tauchi.
- April, 1996 CAIN20 was added to
- Dec. 4, 1995
The final version of TRC-WG6 report
- Nov. 16, 1995 publication list
is updated to add one paper on "scaling of luminosity on RF frequency" by
- Oct. 9, 1995 List of reports
written in Japanese
is updated to add a lecture note of "IR issues(around detector)" written
- June 2, 1995 List of reports
written in Japanese
is updated to add a lecture note of "Introduction to beam dynamics"
written by K.Oide.
- May 24, 1995 available computer program
list is added to the Library, where ABEL(Analysis of Beam-beam Effects in
Linear colliders) can be transfered by ftp or as a html document.
- May 8, 1995 publication list
is updated to add two papers on beam-beam interactions.
- Apr. 7, 1995 New mailing list of firstname.lastname@example.org is available
and publication list is updated to include
Now you can send your message to email@example.com.
- Mar. 23, 1995 The Japanese JLC FFIR subgroup
home page is now available.
- Mar. 20, 1995 Reports written in japanese are added in Library.
- Mar. 18, 1995 The JLC FFIR subgroup home page is updated.
- Keisuke Fujii KEK firstname.lastname@example.org
- Setsuya Kawabata KEK email@example.com
- Takayuki Matsui KEK firstname.lastname@example.org
- Akiya Miyamoto KEK email@example.com
- Yoshihito Namito KEK firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tsunehiko Omori KEK email@example.com
- Toshiaki Tauchi KEK firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shunichi Kanda Hawaii univ. email@example.com
- Katsunobu Oide KEK firstname.lastname@example.org
- Noboru Yamamoto KEK email@example.com
- Hiroshi Yamaoka KEK firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kaoru Yokoya KEK email@example.com
The FFIR subgroup is unique compared to the other groups since it has
members from experimentalists and accerelator physicists. This place is also
"interaction region" colliding experiment and accerelator. The major issues
are backgrounds with high luminosity, which have to be compromized each
The most significant result is a very flat beam comprizing multiple bunches
Interaction Point(IP), where a typical aspect ratio of transverse beam
a number of bunches are 85 and 72,respectively, for a luminosity of 1 x
at Ecm=500GeV (JLC-I). This group investigates these issues in order to
experimental requirements with a realistic accerelator.
- Beam-beam effect
- Beam profile monitor
- Final Focus System:optics and non-linear collimation
- IR design
- future options
Please see also "Reports written in Japanese"(Library) which have
introductory reports for Japanese.
Back to JLC Home Page
- November 15-19, INSTR99
7th International Conference on Instrumentation for Colliding Beam Physics,
Hamamatsu, November 15-19, 1999
- November 4-6, ACFA-LC workshop
The 2nd ACFA workshop on physics and detectors at linear collider will be
held at Seoul National University in November 4-6.
- October 21-26, LC99 The
VIII INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON LINEAR COLLIDERS will be held at the Frascati
National Laboratories of INFN, on October 21-26, 1999.
- October 16-19, ECFA/DESY workshop
the fifth workshop
in the 2nd ECFA/DESY Study on Physics and Detectors for a Linear
Electron-Positron Collider is going to be held at Obernai (near Strasbourg),
- October 17, 13:30-, 1995 FFIR meeting at
TRISTAN control building. K.Oide will review a ground motion measurement and
alignment tolerance etc. .
- October 18, 10:30-, 1995 ATF-alignment meeting at TRISTAN control
Y.Takeuchi will review a present status of ATF-alignemnt work.